Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy & Healthy

The weather outside has been beautiful! So I have been jogging outside around the park that is right outside my front door, literally! I love it. It's easy to get intimidated, watching lots of people in better shape lapping you, but just remember, you're lapping everyone that's still sitting on their couch! I always like to do some muscle toning, or a little calisthenics (moving stretches) to cool down. I like to do arms weights (I use 10lbs), my favorite Pilates moves, do my Body by Bethanny yoga DVD, sqauts, sit-ups, or sometimes part of my Billy Banks DVD. It all depends on how tired I am that day, if I'm on a rest day (remember, muscles need time to recover, like a day or two, not a week or two unless you're injured). Do what you can! (I'm quoting Bethanny Frankel there, she is my idol when it comes to fitness and food. And margaritas.) If you are super busy, just do light calisthenics, or just part of a workout DVD, or just you-tube a 10 minutes workout! I do that more often than not. So I'm going to share with you some of my favorite you-tube gems that I've found, and other internet fitness treasures!

1. Abs! I love a good abs workout, it makes me instantly feel tighter and trimmer! Besides their skimpy bikini's, this is a great ab workout! You can make it as easy or as hard as you want. They recommend repeating this video three times in a row, but do you whatever you have time to do! 









2. Cardio! All of us have a Rocky inside of us! (Rocky is an obsession of mine, but that's a story for another post.) This is a great 10 minute cardio workout that you can repeat if you have time, or use it as a cool down after a hard run! Do whatever you feel your body needs! Both of these videos are from the same channel on you-tube. If you like them, look up more! I don't like to repeat the same video more than once in a row, it just gets monotonous for me, so I usually find 2 or 3 that I might like and do those back to back. Do you what you like to do!



3. Bikini Body! If you are up for a challenge or like to have a regiment to follow, this is a great website for you! They do a great job of challenging you, and planning a tough but do-able regime. Go to this link if you want to tr it out! They have alot more to their website that I really haven't explored, but it looks great for people dedicated to fitness! LifePlusFitness

4. Trouble spots! If you have a spot that you really want to work on this is a great website to find exercises that will help you tone that troubled area. Exercise Finder

5. Shoes! So, this isn't directly related to fitness, but they are cute running shoes! They are from new balance and are made from 100% recycled material and come in super cute colors! My friends that have them are obsessed with them. These are my next splurge purchase.

Hope this helps inspire y'all to get that happy, healthy body you want!

xo,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment