Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day!

Leap Day is my favorite day of the year! I never do anything spectacular on it, it's more due to my fondness of unique things. So I will be sharing a few of my favorite unique things that I absolutely love!

1,2, 3!
My first 3 favorite things are on the first photo below:
1. Argan oil: absolutely amazing!!! I don't know how I ever survived without this before. Just put a little dab in your hand when your hair is slightly damp and run your fingers through your hair. Your hair will turn instantly soft and silky smooth! Blow dry it, sit in the sauna, it doesn't change! No frizz, no grease, just amazing texture and scent! I used it yesterday, used dry shampoo on top of it today and my hair does not look like second day hair. Simply amazing!
2. Falsies Mascara: Gives your eyelashes the perfect amount of volume and length with one good coat!
3. Naked eye-shadow palate: All amazing, neutral colors! I saw this on several beauty blogs and new I had to have it. You can use any of the colors together and you can't go wrong! So experiment away without fear of being ridiculed! ;)



4. Fossil Watch: I spent years searching for the perfect watch, and found this gem! It has a big face, and kind of a chunky man-watch feel, but still looks very girly. It has just enough "bling" without being gaudy and it goes with absolutely everything! I wear it almost everyday.


 5. Old Navy Scarf: Amazing! I normally don't wear alot of bright colors, but this scarf is the perfect accent piece! It gives the an amazing pop of color without looking out of place! Pair it with any neutral and you can't go wrong.


6. Orchid: This orchid is simply gorgeous! By far the best birthday present I've ever received. (My family is not great an gift-giving unless you buy it yourself, wrap it, and give it to them to give to you). This picture does not do it any justice. Just water once a week with 3 ice cubes and it lasts forever! Makes any room feel more fresh and sophisticated.


7. Purple Candle: My dearest friend Sarah gave this to me years ago on my birthday but it is just too pretty not to share! It's also too pretty to burn, but it's a great shelf-filler!

8. Fuzzy blanket: I refuse to snuggle on the couch with any other blanket now. It is so soft and warm! And so cute and different! I love the pattern, I've never seen one like it before, except on a slide of DNA. (Science nerd in me coming out).









Those are some of my favorite, unique possessions! I hope y'all had an amazing Leap Day and I hope an amazing Leap Year! And remember the most important lessons from Leap Year:
1. Time is fleeting
2. Be unique, be yourself, because everyone else is taken

xo,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment